Imagine your students bedding down for the night surrounded by dinosaurs, prehistoric megafauna and Zoo animals, waking to a morning chorus of dinosaurs, birds, gibbons and elephants. Zoo Camp participants learn the importance of conservation through engaging evening activities, create special enrichment items to be given to the animals, explore Perth Zoo at night on a guided spotlight tour and set up ‘camp’ undercover in the Zoo’s spacious Homestead Barn.
Zoo Camp is educational and fun, making it easy for teachers who want to incorporate this visit into their learning program.
Dates: September to March excluding school holidays
Time: Starts at 5:00pm and runs through to 9:00am the following morning. (Entry allowed from 4:30pm on the day of your camp).
Cost: $82 per student (maximum of 32 students, minimum 20 students). $11 per adult supervisor. All fees are GST inclusive. Prices subject to change.
Enclosed footwear & wet-weather gear essential.
Information for Teachers
Zoo Camp is for students in Years 4 to 8.
- It is based around team-building and conservation-focused activities and includes up-close experiences with some Zoo animals (Animal encounters during programs may vary for operational reasons.)
- It's coordinated and supervised by qualified Zoo staff with current Working With Children and Federal Police clearances.
- If you would like to explore the Zoo in addition to your camp, this is best done the day following your camp. Please advise when booking, if you require any education experiences. (Your Zoo Camp payment does not include entry into the Zoo before 4:30pm on the day of your camp.)
- The school is required to provide one supervising teacher/adult per five students (with a minimum of four adults and a maximum of seven adults). At least two of the supervisory team must be teaching staff.
- Zoo Camp leaders remain on-site overnight and are in radio contact with the class teachers.
- Duty-of-care remains with the class teacher at all times.
- Please review our Zoo Camp Excursion Management Plan. This provides the relevant information for your excursion documentation.
- Campers supply their own shared BBQ dinner.
- The Zoo will provide BBQ facilities, tools, plates, cups and cutlery.
- Class teachers/adult supervisors are required to cook the BBQ and supervise the clean-up afterwards.
- The Zoo provides a late-night snack and nutritious breakfast.
- Tea and coffee facilities are available for teachers/adult supervisors.
Useful Zoo Camp Documents
Zoo Camp Excursion Management Plan (PDF)
Bookings are Essential
As Zoo Camp is a very popular program, we recommend you book early. A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to confirm your booking. Perth Zoo reserves the right to modify the program on the day to work within operational needs. To request a booking please download the Zoo Camp Registration Form and email to email@example.com or call 08 9474 0365.