Biology Day at the Zoo is an opportunity for year 11 and 12 students to investigate and consolidate their understanding of biology.
Biology Day starts with our popular education experience 'Brilliant Biodiversity' and also incorporates another of our teaching sessions. You can select whether your students engage with 'Highly Classified' (where students participate in classification activities) or 'The Cold Shoulder' (which investigates homeostasis). Students will go a behind the scenes to see conservation in action, as well as participating in our fieldwork trail which will help develop practical field work skills.
Biology Day will provide a valuable extension of classroom learning and insight into biodiversity conservation actions.
- participate in education experiences delivered by Zoo educators
- visit the Zoo's Native Species Breeding Program
- conduct field work to understand some of the different methods used to describe biodiversity
- gain a greater understanding of the status of Western Australia’s biodiversity
- discuss the challenges faced when trying to conserve biodiversity and learn about current research, reintroductions, and success in breeding and species conservation
Biology Day is running on 6 March & 14 March 2024.
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity - Year 11 Biology ATAR Unit 1
- Ecosystems and Eco-Issues - Year 12 General Biology Unit 4
- $20.20 per student
- Biology Day educational experiences operate from 9:30am -2:30pm. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for sign in
- Bookings are limited to 60 students each day
- Enclosed footwear is essential and weather appropriate clothing is recommended.
- Enquire about Biology Day today!
Enquire about Biology Day today!