Get ready to channel your inner Charles Darwin as you investigate and apply specific understandings and skills of biology over the course of a day!
Biology Day at the Zoo is an opportunity for year 11 and 12 students to investigate and consolidate their understanding of biology. Biology Day incorporates our popular education expereinces 'Brilliant Biodiversity' and 'Highly Classified' and a behind the scenes visit. Students will be the first to participate in our fieldwork trail which will help develop practical field work skills. Biology Day will provide a valuable extension of classroom learning and insight into biodiversity conservation actions.
- participate in education experiences delivered by Zoo educators
- visit the Zoo's Native Spceis Breeding Program
- conduct field work to understand some of the different methods used to describe biodiversity
- gain a greater understanding of the status of Western Australia''s biodiversity
- dsicuss the challenges faced when trying to conserve biodiversity and learn about current research, reintroductions, and success in breeding and species conservation
Biology Day is running on 15 March & 23 March.
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity - Year 11 Biology ATAR Unit 1
- Ecosystems and Eco-Issues - Year 12 General Biology Unit 4
- $20.20 per student
- Biology Day educational experiences operate from 9:30am -2:00pm. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for sign in
- Bookings are limited to 60 students each day
- Enclosed footwear is essentail and weather appropriate clothing is recommended.
Enquire about Biology Day today!