1. User Agreement Governing Use of Website
Please take the time to read the following information.
Your use of this website, including any of the content or materials on it, is governed by these terms and conditions. In addition to these terms, there may also be additional terms that govern your use of or access to specific parts or sections of this website in which case those specific terms will apply to your activities at those locations in addition to these terms. Your use of this site signifies your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Perth Zoo makes information available on the understanding that people exercise their own skill and care in its use. The information is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis.
By logging on, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Perth Zoo site or your access to it.
By accessing information at or through this site people waive and release Perth Zoo and the State of Western Australia and its servants to the full extent permitted by law from any and all claims relating to the usage of the material made available through the website.
In no event shall Perth Zoo or the State of Western Australia be liable for any incident or consequential damages resulting from use of the material.
3. Copyright Notice
Western Australian Government materials, including Internet pages, documents and on-line graphics, audio and video, are protected by copyright law, with the text and images contained in this website protected by the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and this state including copyright and other intellectual property rights, and no other use is permitted apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968.
You may use the site and information contained within it for your personal use and non-commercial reference only. You can print or download any part of the text and images for personal use only.
You agree that you will not employ any device or process to use the site for any unauthorised purposes. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes any unreasonably large burden on the site.
The information contained within the site (including programming scripts, graphics and logo) is copyrighted to Perth Zoo. No part of this site may be reproduced by any process other than personal use without written permission from Perth Zoo.
4. Amendments to Terms and Conditions of Use
Perth Zoo reserves the right to amend, vary and/or replace these Terms & Conditions of Use at any time, and from time to time, at Perth Zoo ’s sole discretion. Your continued use of the Website will be deemed to be your acceptance of any amendment, variation and/or replacement of these Terms & Conditions of Use.
5. Unauthorised Use of the Website
5.1 You agree to use this website only for purposes that are permitted by:
- these Terms & Conditions of Use; and/or
- any applicable laws or regulations.
5.2 You agree not to engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the website or the servers and networks that host the website. You agree not to, or attempt to, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the website.
5.3 You agree not to use, reproduce, make available, communicate to the public, distribute or commercialise any content that is published on the website or within any email correspondence that you receive from Perth Zoo except as permitted by these Terms & Conditions of Use, by law or with the prior written consent of Perth Zoo.
5.4 Any fraudulent, illegal or unauthorised use of the website shall constitute a violation of these Terms & Conditions of Use. You understand and agree that Perth Zoo may refer any suspected fraudulent or illegal activity to relevant law enforcement authorities.
6. Limitation of Liability
You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
7. Website User Accounts (“Accounts”)
7.1 The Perth Zoo website offers the option to create an account prior to conducting a transaction on the website. This is not mandatory and a transaction can proceed without creation of an account, though some mandatory information will be collected (see “Information We Collect” section in the Perth Zoo Website Privacy Statement. Creating an Account will enable you to:
- receive information and email communications from Perth Zoo relating to your purchase;
- change your personal information held by Perth Zoo;
- view previous purchase history; and
- reduce the time it takes to perform future similar transactions by using your existing personal information.
By creating an Account, Perth Zoo may use your personal information and transaction history to better understand your interactions with Perth Zoo and improve its products and services to you in future. See the Privacy Statement for more information of how your personal information is protected and used.
7.2 When registering an Account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and to keep this information up-to-date.
7.3 Perth Zoo reserves the right to refuse registration of an Account (or to close an existing Account) where you:
- have opened, or are attempting to open, an Account in a fraudulent or illegal manner;
- have breached these Terms & Conditions of Use;
- have an existing Account.
You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account and for keeping your Account log-in and password secure.
8. Donation Terms
8.1 In making a donation through this website you will donate to Perth Zoo’s Wildlife Conservation Action, a fundraising program established for the collection of donations for the purpose of supporting conservation projects which protect threatened species in the wild.
8.2 If you are an Australian tax-payer, Perth Zoo has tax-deductibility status and donations over A$2.00 to Wildlife Conservation Action are tax-deductible. Perth Zoo will offer the option of a tax receipt to all donors via the website for this purpose. It is the responsibility of the donor to take advantage of this option and to enter all the correct tax details.
8.3 It is your responsibility to ensure you make a donation correctly at the time of transaction. Perth Zoo will accept no responsibility for refunding donations.
An e-ticket holder agrees that by the purchase of a Perth Zoo entry ticket the holder has read the terms and conditions in this document and agrees to them unconditionally.
9.1 Tickets are defined as:
- Australian Concession (other than Seniors), Australian Health Care Card holders and Students over 15 years of age;
- Children (4 – 15 years of age);
- Children under 4 years of age;
- Mini Group (2 adults and 2 children).
Entry for children under 4 years of age are free of charge but requires a ticket to enter.
9.2 Concession tickets are defined as:
1. Seniors Concession Rate:
- Blue Government cards;
- Pension cards;
- White Seniors Cards – State and Federal;
- Repatriation Health Card (Gold);
- Health Care Card specifying reason as “Age”;
- Veterans Affairs Card;
- For overseas seniors, proof of age cards or passport showing age as +65 years.
2. Student Concession Rate
Any Australian student card with a valid sticker or date – student must be studying in Australia.
3. Standard Concession Rate
Health Care Card.
Carers are permitted free of charge entry on presentation of a government issued Carers Companion card, though do require a ticket.
9.3 E-ticketing conditions
- General admission tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of issue (indicated on the ticket) unless otherwise indicated and cannot be extended.
- Ticket prices are in Australian Dollars.
- Perth Zoo reserves the right to change ticket prices with or without notice.
- Existing tickets may be upgraded to a higher value, but not a lower value. The customer must pay the difference between the ticket values (e.g. upgrading a Child ticket to an Adult ticket). The validity date for upgraded tickets should be the same as that for the original ticket type being upgraded.
- Maximum ticket purchase through the e-ticket channel is 29. For 30 and above, the Group Booking phone line should be called on 08 9474 0444.
- Single entry only.
- Non refundable.
- Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets cannot be replaced.
- Children (15 years or under) must be supervised by an accompanying adult.
- To use an e-ticket, you must either:
- For tickets ordered via post – bring the tickets to the Zoo for presentation on entry;
- For self-printed tickets – print tickets from the website ticket printing facility at the time of transaction or print tickets from the email sent to your specified email address. Printing the transaction receipt is not a valid form of entry.
- If a concession ticket was paid for, a valid form of concession ID is required to be presented on entry.
If the delivery option of postage is chosen then Perth Zoo makes no guarantee for the delivery timeframe of the tickets as this is out of Perth Zoo’s control.
10. Conditions of Entry to Perth Zoo
- While Perth Zoo takes its duty of care to all visitors very seriously, the Zoo accepts no liability to any person for loss or injury arising from a visit. For your own safety, it is a condition of entry that visitors regard all warning signs, do not venture over exhibit safety barriers and do not enter the Zoo’s off-limit areas.
- If the opening hours of Perth Zoo are altered, closed, cancelled or curtailed, ticket refunds or exchanges will be at the absolute discretion of Perth Zoo.
- Tickets are non-refundable and are not valid past the expiry date displayed on the face of this ticket.
- If a refund is made or tickets reissued: a) the method of that refund will be at the absolute discretion of Perth Zoo; and b) Perth Zoo may retain any service or like fee it has charged (including booking fees) and any postage or other incidental costs that it has incurred in relation to that ticket.
- Without limitation to condition 2 above, if an outdoor performance/event is cancelled due to adverse weather or for any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Perth Zoo, the visitor has no right to a refund of their ticket. In such circumstances, Perth Zoo is not required to arrange a substitute service, event or performance, and any decision to provide visitors with a ticket exchange is made at the absolute discretion of Perth Zoo.
- Perth Zoo reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary advertised programs; and audience capacity.
- Hours of operation and admission may vary for special events.
- Tickets must be retained by the holder until their visit to Perth Zoo has concluded.
- Visitors must comply with the Zoological Parks Authority Regulations 2002.
- Adults are requested to supervise children at all times.
- We welcome your wheelchairs, strollers, prams and other essential mobility aids. For our animals’ welfare and your safety and comfort, non-essential transport (scooters, bicycles, skateboards and roller-skates/blades), sporting items, whistles, balls, balloons and pets are not permitted.
- Perth Zoo retains the right to deny access and/or eject visitors who are being a public nuisance, acting recklessly or failing to observe directions from Visitor Services Officers, other Perth Zoo staff, or any Perth Zoo signage. The decision to deny access and/or eject a visitor is made at the absolute discretion of Perth Zoo.
- Unauthorised photography for commercial purposes is prohibited. 24 hour video surveillance and monitored alarms are in use on these premises.
- ABN 12 249 686 526.
11. Financial information
Perth Zoo collects personal financial information to complete your requested website transactions. When you make a purchase on the website, your consent is given to provide your financial or contact information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies and financial institutions.
11.1 It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are in the nominated account when payments are drawn.
11.2 In the case of fraudulent activity, please contact your financial institution for advice.
For any queries please contact 08 9474 0350 or email@example.com.