If you are passionate about the natural world we live in, can aspire to the values we operate by and would like the opportunity to make a difference in a unique organisation then consider joining Perth Zoo.
We are recognised internationally for our breeding programs and conservation work and we are a major tourist attraction in Western Australia. Perth Zoo employs over 200 people and our success stories are a direct result of the passion and drive of our committed staff. We are always on the look-out for people who share our vision and want to contribute to saving wildlife.
Perth Zoo is organised into a number of operational areas, each having defined yet interrelated roles. Employment opportunities include clerical, customer service, operational, professional and managerial roles available in departments within the following sections:
- Life Sciences – Australian Fauna, Exotic Mammals
- Animal Health & Research – Veterinary Department, Native Species Breeding Program, Facilities and Environmental Services
- Community Engagement – Discovery & Learning, Visitor Services, Marketing, Partnerships and Fundraising, Events & Tourism, Graphic Design, Retail, Media & Communication, Security
- Corporate Development – Finance, Purchasing, People Services, Information and Communication Technology, Records Management, Reception
Benefits of Working at Perth Zoo
Perth Zoo recognises that its reputation and ability to deliver real conservation of wildlife is due in no small part to the calibre of staff it attracts. The Zoo offers great benefits and opportunities for you as an employee.
- Working with likeminded committed, passionate people
- The opportunity to make a difference to species conservation
- Working with/around wildlife
- Clear, structured career paths
- Cross-sectional development opportunities
- Professional Development program
- Study Assistance program
- Mentor opportunities
- Further technical competence training
- Professional (international) keeper exchange program
- Opportunities to access Zoo forums/conferences, present papers and participate in Special Interest Groups
- Access to hands-on (in-situ) conservation opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free admission for immediate family
- Discounts at all retail facilities
- Flexible start/finish times, flexi-time available
- Work central to the city yet outside of the crowded CBD
- Sounds of zoo animals instead of traffic
- Travel by bus, ferry, or bike.
- 100% no smoking environment
- Plenty of outdoor opportunities
- Staff Amenities
Current vacancies are advertised on the WA jobs website. jobs.wa.gov.au
Please note that you can register with this website and get automatic notifications when jobs become available.